Position: Mechanical Engineer
- Design of Mechanical / Plumbing / FP Systems, to include performing detailed engineering calculations to support HVAC system design, heating and cooling load calculations, static pressure calculations, hydraulic head pressure calculations and other design related calculations, as well as design, sizing and layout of ductwork and piping distributions systems, and sizing and selection of HVAC equipment to support overall design;
- Prepare HVAC, plumbing and fire protection drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit;
- Coordinate with Architect and Engineering design team on all aspects of design to ensure project schedule is met, including performing field observation visits to document existing conditions, review progress of construction and confirm the installed HVAC, plumbing and fire protection conditions meet the construction documents specs; and,
- Review contractors mechanical shop drawings against the design drawings for compliance with design intent, applicable codes, and engineering standards/practices, and review and analyze architectural and engineering plans using AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit software.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in mechanical engineering, specifically for projects in life-science, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing, and GMP clean manufacturing space projects to include:
- Experience with carrier-haps, DOE-2 and HydraCALC, MS Office, MS Excel and Bluebeam in addition to AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit
- The use of psychometric charts and demonstrating knowledge of industry codes and standards set by ASHRAE, Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA) and the ICC Demonstrating knowledge of the building energy code as set by the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Standard 90.1
Position requires passage of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
* Experience may be gained concurrently.
HOW TO APPLY: Mail cover letter and resume to Avid Engineer, LLC ATTN: Lindsey Escoto, Office Manager, 17 Bridge Street, Suite 201, Billerica, Massachusetts 01821